Are you searching for methods to remove VBA project password from Excel file? if yes, then you are on the right page. In this write-up, I will show you the free methods to Break VBA password in Excel 2016 & 2019 easily.
as we all know the VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is a part of multiple services of office 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc. VBA is a programming language used to make different kinds of automation processes, functions, etc.
also, sometimes we lock our Excel files using VBA code. but if you forget the password, then the Excel file will not open.
Don’t worry follow the mentioned methods to remove VBA project password from Excel file.
How to Break VBA password in Excel 2016 & 2019?
There are 3 manual methods available to remove VBA password from Excel files. all methods are mentioned below:
- Method 1: Via changing the file extension.
- Method 2: Remove Excel VBA password using Hex editor
- Method 3: remove VBA project password from Excel file using the workbook
Method 1: Remove VBA Project Password from Excel File via Change Extension
- Change the file extension from *.xlsm to *.zip.
- Now open the zip file by double-clicking on it with WinZip / WinRar.
- And hit on the “XL” folder to continue.
- And extract the .bin file and open it using the hex editor application.
- And search for the DPB in Hex Editor and replace it with DPx and save the file.
- Now replace the old VBAProject.bin file with the new VBAProject.bin file.
- And change the *zip to *.xlsm extension once again to remove VBA project password from Excel.
- And open the MS VBA basic visual editor and click on “Tools” >> VBAProject Properties.
- After that, select the “Protection” tab and enter the new password, and save the file as a .xlsm file.
- Lastly, successfully you can open the VBA project file.
Method 2: Remove Excel VBA Password using Hex Editor
- Create a new MS Excel file using Hex editor.
- Now enter and set up the particular password in VBA files using the “ALT +F11” keys.
- And save the created file locally to remove VBA project password from Excel.
- Now open the generated file in the HEX editor.
- And copy the all files, that is starting with CMG=…, DPB=…, and GC=….
- Now open the file, which you want to unlock using Hex editor, and paste the lines that are above mentioned.
- After that, save the file at the desired location.
- Now open the file from where you want to remove the VBA password, and enter the password, which you have generated for the previously created file.
Method 3: Remove VBA Project Password from Excel File using Workbook
- Open the protected file.
- Now click on the “ALT + F11” option to access into the visual basic editor.
- Now hit on the “Inset Module” option and copy/paste the mentioned code.
- After that, hit the F5 button to run the code.
- Now your password-protected Excel workbook will be open successfully.
Also Read: How to Take Backup Outlook Emails with Attachments?
Why do Users Want to Break VBA Password in Excel 2016 & 2019
- Maybe you are a developer and you downloaded the sample file which is locked with VBA Password.
- Or they forgot the password after locking the Excel workbook 2016 & 2019.
- Or maybe you want to create a duplicate copy of the Excel workbook, but the file is locked.
- Sometimes, users get the Excel workbook with a locked VBA code.
Cause whatever, these methods will work in all situations without any hassle.
Time to Say Goodbye
Above we mentioned the complete information about how to remove VBA project password from Excel file using completely free manual methods. I know it takes a lot of time and energy, also there is no 100% guarantee. If you don’t want to face any kind of problems, then you can try any third-party tool.