If you are searching for the methods to import PST to Windows 10 Mail, then the answer is yes, the Windows mail import PST file easily without losing data.
In this write-up, I am going to show you the methods to migrate Outlook PST to Windows 10 Mail using completely free methods.
As we all know that Outlook email clients serve amazing services and advanced features. but it is a paid service. So most Windows users Windows 10 mail because it’s a default mail client, which comes in Windows machines.
There are multiple situations come when users want to import PST to Windows 10 Mail. some of them are mentioned below:
“Hello, I was using Outlook 2013 for the last 3 years and currently I am using Windows 10 recently Outlook released the latest version of Outlook 2021. So, I am facing problems while using Outlook 2013 in Windows 10. And I can’t purchase the latest version of outlook. So, I am thinking to switch from Outlook to Windows Mail. but I don’t know the method, I export complete Outlook data in PST format. please suggest me the methods.”
Also, there are some benefits users will get while using Windows 10 mail apps like:
- The Windows 10 mail app has a very simple and easy-to-use interface for all users.
- It’s available for free of cost, while Outlook is so costly.
- Users can configure and use multiple types of accounts in one application.
- Also, allow users to set up various POP and IMAP accounts with email clients.
Also Read: How to Take Backup Outlook Emails with Attachments?
Can Windows Mail Import PST Files Manually
Here we will be using Yahoo and Gmail mail accounts to import PST to Windows 10 Mail. all the steps are mentioned below:
Method 1: Import PST to Windows 10 Mail using Gmail Account
Important Note: Google’s less secure apps service now doesn’t support Google, so now users have to enable IMAP access and generate an app password to set up a Gmail account.
- Open Outlook Account on your machine.
- And then, click on the “File” >> “Add Account” option.
- Now enter the email address of your google account and hit on the “Connect” icon.
- Next, put your Gmail account again and enter the app-generated password.
- After that, read the complete statement and hit on the Allow >> Done
- Restart outlook again and your Gmail account will appear.
Now move your emails from your Outlook account to the new connected Gmail account. And then open the Windows mail app and connect the Gmail account using login details.
Method 2: Using Yahoo Mail to Import PST to Windows 10 Mail
Preparations: Generate an App password to use rather than normal passwords for safe configuration. Open your Yahoo mail account click on the “setting (Gear)” icon. Now choose “Account info” > Account security” then select “Manage App Password” select “outlook Desktop” and then hit on the “Generate” icon. And use this generated password in place of a normal password while configuring Outlook.
Easy steps to import PST to Windows 10 mail account
- Open an Outlook account.
- Click on the “File” >> “Info” >> “Add Account” options.
- And then, enter the login details of your Yahoo Mail account and click on the Connect icon.
- Now, right-click on the required email and choose the “Move” icon.
- And then select the configured Yahoo account to move data from the Outlook account.
Now configure the Yahoo account in Windows 10 Mail app to import PST to Windows 10 mail successfully.
As you can see manual methods are straightforward and free to import Outlook PST to Windows 10 mail without losing any data.
Time to say goodbye
Above we mentioned the complete article and explained the steps that Windows mail import PST files without any hassle. manual methods are a little bit lengthy but free. so, before purchasing any tool, at least you should try the manual methods once.
Also Read: How to Import Google Takeout to Another Google Account?