Overview: In this write-up, we will show you the methods to import Google takeout data to new account using completely free methods. here we are going to elaborate a step-by-step guide to upload Google takeout to new account.
Google takeout is a free service to export complete data from Gmail locally. Users can easily download emails, contacts, colanders, images, videos, and other data. but sometimes, users face situations where they want to import Google takeout to another Google account.
But it’s not an easy process for all users. so here we will show you the easiest and safest methods. read the complete blog to know the all steps and methods using Thunderbird.
User’s Queries to Upload Google Takeout to New Account
“Hello there, I have two Google mail accounts, and I want import Google emails to new Google account. But I don’t know the methods, please could anyone suggest me the methods.”
“Hey, I am using a Gmail account for the last 3 years, but now I have changed my Google account because of the awkward name of the previous account. I created a new account in Gmail, but my all-important data are stored in the previous account. Could anyone suggest to me the methods how can I import Google takeout data to the new account”
How to Import Google Takeout Data to New Account?
Here I will show you the methods to transfer Google takeout to new account using the Thunderbird email client. follow all the steps that are mentioned below:
First, we will export the data from Google takeout, and then we do some preparations in Thunderbird and connect with it new Gmail account. Then we will import Google takeout data to new account.
Preparations: Follow all the preparations, before import Google takeout data to new account.
Preparation 1: Export Data from Google Takeout Account
If your data is not exported from your old Google account, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open a Google takeout account (https://myaccount.Google.com/).
- Now click on “Data & Privacy” from the left panel and scroll down.
- And hit the “Download Your Data” option and a new window will open.
- Next, choose the “Deselect All” option and select the required option.
- Now apply the filters and hit the “Create Export” icon.
When the data will export successfully locally as a ZIP file. now your data will save as .mbox format after unzipping the file.
Preparation 2: Install ImportExportTools NG
If you have already installed this tool, then skip this part.
- Open Thunderbird email client.
- Choose the “Tools” >> “Add-on & Themes” option.
- Now search “ImportExportTools NG” in the search bar and add Thunderbird.
- Lastly, restart the Thunderbird email client.
Preparation 3: Import Exported MBOX Files
- Open Thunderbird.
- And right click on any folder or choose “Tools” option and choose the “ImportExportTools NG” >> “Import MBOX File” option.
- And then select the “Import Directly One or More MBOX Files” option and browse the location, where your exported MBOX file is stored, and open it.
Now your exported data from Google mail is successfully uploaded to the Thunderbird account.
Step 1: Configure Both Accounts to Upload Google Takeout to New Account
Important Note: IMAP access and App password must be enabled and generated to connect any Gmail account.
IMAP Access: – Open your Gmail account, click on the “Gear (Settings)” option, and hit the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” >> “Enable IMAP” >> “Save Changes” option.
Generate App Password: Visit the page (https://myaccount.Google.com/) >> and click on the “Security” option and click on the “App Password” and enter the password. now generate the password by selecting app and device and hitting the “Generate” option.
- Open Thunderbird email client.
- And then, click on the “Tools” >> “Account settings” >> “Account Actions” option.
- Now, choose “Add Mail Account” and enter the login details of the new Gmail account like the email address and generated app password.
- And enter the server details and click on the “Finish” icon.
Now successfully both accounts are configured.
Step 2: Import Google Takeout Data to New Account
- Now right-click on the emails of exported MBOX file in Thunderbird.
- And click on “Move to” select the Gmail account and select the folder.
Now continue the process for each email to import Google takeout to another Google account.
I know this method is a little bit confusing and lengthy, but don’t worry I have mentioned all the steps in a clear way. So, all types of technical and non-technical users can perform the process.
Unfortunately, users can import data from Google mail to another account in bulk, also the process will take a long time.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we elaborate on the methods to import Google takeout data to new account using complexly free manual methods. I know it will take some time, but if you have certain data then you can perform these methods. for unlimited and large data, you should take the help of an expert solution.