If you are looking for methods to save emails to flash drive from Gmail using completely free methods, then you are on the right page.
Here I will show you the completely free methods to copy emails from Gmail to a flash drive with complete data.
As we all know that Gmail is a widely used email client around the world. But it’s a web-based email client so taking a backup of your Gmail emails to flash drive is the most important steps. Because we don’t know when some hackers will hack our data or maybe we don’t know when the server of Gmail will be down.
How to Download Emails from Gmail to a Flash Drive?
There are only 3 free methods available to save emails to flash drive from Gmail account that all are mentioned below in complete detail:
- Take a backup of Gmail emails as EML
- Print Gmail Emails as PDF
- Save emails to flash drive from Gmail as MBOX
Save Emails to Flash Drive from Gmail as EML
Important Note: EML files can only open in EML-supported email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage etc.
- Open a Gmail account.
- And open the email that you want to save locally.
- And click on the 3 dots icon and choose the “Download Message” option.
- Now the message will save in EML format in the download folder on your device.
Print Gmail Emails in PDF Format
- Open a Gmail account on your device.
- Now open the required emails to save them as PDFs.
- Next, click on the “Print” icon or select the 3 dots and choose the “Print” option from the list.
- Now a pop-up will appear on the screen select the destination and click on the “Save” icon.
- After that select the location as per your need, and again click on the “Save” icon.
How to Save Emails to Flash Drive from Gmail as MBOX?
Google takeout is the default and free method to copy emails from Gmail to a flash drive in MBOX format. follow all the mentioned steps:
- Open the given link (https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout).
- And click on the “Deselect All” option and select the required data that you want to save to flash drive and click on the “Next” icon.
- Now select the destination and apply the required filter that how you want to save emails to flash drive from Gmail account and click on the “Create Export” option.
- And start the process of saving emails to flash drive from Gmail account.
Now your data will download as MBOX format, which can easily open in Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage, etc.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here I mentioned the completely free methods to save emails to flash drive from Gmail account. Users can easily download Gmail emails as EML, PDF, and MBOX formats, but these have some limits. So, follow all the steps carefully. Hope you find the article helpful.